The World on Paper

"[Individuals who break through by inventing a new paradigm are] almost always...either very young or very new to the field whose paradigm they change...These are the [men and women] who, being little committed to prior practice to the traditional rules of normal science, are particularly likely to see that those rules no longer define a playable game and to conceive another set that can replace them." - Thomas S Kuhn, The Structure of Scientific Revolution (1962)

Monday, October 06, 2008

Mea Culpa

I have been neglectful of this blog for over two months that I don't know where to begin. But with so many things that happened in the last 11 weeks or so, I should have plenty of 'blog' material. The pressure!

August saw a trip home - a 10-day visit to the family, among others, to be godmother to my second nephew - Miguel Pedro. As always, it is wonderful to be with the family and see my nieces and nephew - they now number 7! September brought in a change in my resident status DownUnder (Oi! Oi!).

Manila, Philippines

Apart from the overseas trip, I also made a couple of interstate trips (yes, up goes my CO2 emissions!). I have been swamped with work deadlines and morever, preoccupied with career plans. Such pressure!

Interesting two months though with everybody(?) on tenterhooks with the Wall Street meltdown, the US economic recession and its global impact. Following on to my last post, September also saw the release of the Garnaut Climate Change Review Final Report.

But all is well. I hope to put in my two cents' worth on these interesting current events. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home